Work Permits and Visas

Applying for, and receiving, a Work Visa for Russia is a time-consuming and bureaucratic process. The laws change on a regular basis, and compliance is made more difficult by occasional contradictions between different regulations.

In conjunction with our licensed partners, Troika Relocations will manage each step of the visa process, and ensure timely registration with the relevant authorities in Russia.

  • Highly Qualified Specialists – since July 2010 a new classification has come into existence for expatriates in Russia. A Highly Qualified Specialist (HQS) is defined as a foreign national whose annual remuneration shall not be less than 2 million rubles (approx. 60,000 USD or 53,000 Euro) allowing the foreigner a work permit and work visa for a 3-year period.
  • Work Visa - required if you wish to enter Russia for employment purposes - Single entry, valid up to 3 months - Double entry, valid up 3 months.

3-month Work Visas are prolonged in Russia for a period of up to 12 months, depending upon the length of validity of the applicant's Work Permit and can be extended for a further 12 months without having to leave Russia.

Family Visas
Spouses and children of relocating expatriates can apply for visas in the same way as the executive. An 'Accompanying Spouse Visa' and/or 'Dependent's Visa' can be obtained at the same time as the expatriate applies for his/her own visa.

Troika Relocations can manage the processes involved whichever visas you and your family require.

May 20 2014
Troika Relocations are proud to announce the opening of a new representative office in Tula, bringing the number of locations in Russia to five.
Read More
visa and immigration
Troika upgrade services to provide full and comprehensive support...
Read more
short term accomodation
Troika upgrade services to provide full and comprehensive support...
Read more

member of workforce mobility assocation, EURA